Tuesday 5 April 2011

Creature Designs - Arachanay Hive Queen



I figured since the Arachanay where a bug/alien race that it was only right to give them a hive queen like many bug colonies have.
At first I was going to make her much like the drones since shes the same race, but then again shes a queen.

So then I figured maybe if she did look simular to the drones then perhaps I could give her something that would form some sort or garment for her.
My first Idead was that I could make her somewhat butterfly like and that she could wrap her wings around her to make a sort of garment from that. the other idea made her look a little wasp like, though I did add some sort of spider legs that led off from her garment/body here which looked a little interesting.

Hive queens are one per hive and look after eggs within the nests as bee's do, and younger queens will leave to set up newer colonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment